Thursday 19 November 2009

I'm BACK!

Dear Yankee Doddles,

So I know that I’ve been a terrible blogger and haven’t written you in about a month. Well I apologize and hope you will forgive me, and start to have faith in me that I will get better. I’m starting my new years resolution early and that is for me to be a better blogger. I know Jason would prefer if I chose not to eat sweets, but let’s be honest. That’s never going to happen!  And definitely not anytime soon because eggnog should be in the stores soon! Oh please tell me the Brits have eggnog!

Well my week at a glance has been pretty uneventful, but to you maybe not. I’ve been able to pick up a ton of hours at my job with Christmas coming up. Pretty much working full-time right now, and it’s six days this week! Boo! But least it’s money for Jason and I when we go to Barcelona. Oh ya for those that don’t know, Jbear and I are going to Barcelona for Christmas! Pretty excited since it will be our first big trip abroad.

So this week so far has been all work pretty much. However, Tuesday morning I was getting ready and accidentally hit my entire foot against my bed post in my room. Can’t even tell you how bad it hurt! I thought the pain would go away because you know how it is when you jam your toes, but it didn’t. And then I had to work all day and it just got worse! When I got home my entire left side of my second little toe was all purple and swollen! Sorry if this grosses anyone out, but this is the reality people when the blogger is a nurse!  Well my husband Jason was actually the nurse in this story, and he was so great. Helped me ice it by holding a coke can on my foot. (Because if you remember what our refrigerator looks like; we pretty much have no freezer, so definitely no ice!) And then he had me elevate my foot all night, which seemed to help it as well. It’s getting better, but still not 100% yet. Guess I won’t be able to play in my soccer game this weekend, which stinks!

Actually an exciting thing I’m doing tonight is going to see New Moon at midnight with some of my friends. So we’ll actually be able to see the first release of it, and about six hours before anyone in the U.S. Pretty exciting stuff I know! I will let you know how it is. I’m currently on the third book right now of the Twilight series (Eclipse,) and it’s really good. And for those that know my reading style, yes I’ve been reading it for about a month, but I am going a lot quicker than my usual pace! Well that’s all for now, and I intend to keep my promise that I stated above, so stay on me so that I can keep my word. Miss you all!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment