Thursday 17 September 2009

A Quick Update

Not many exciting things are going on for us over here in Newcastle at the moment, but I thought I'd still post something new now that I have 6 followers! :) Thank you to those that find what I'm typing is somewhat important/interesting!haha

Ok so our week at a glance. Jason has continued to have practice and I've been heading into town as usual. The weather has actually been nice and warm and sunny, but you and I both know that that is not going to last! But I'm enjoying it while I can. Carolina and Ryan came over again for Taco Tuesday at the Tejchma house! I guess that's what happens when you marry a Texan! I've also been working out every morning, which makes me happy, but I have to say my main incentive to work besides getting in shape is to use the shower!haha But if that's what drives me to go, then so be it. The workout facility is nice, but still trying to adjust to it since the treadmills ran in kilometers and you put your weight in kilograms. I guess nursing school helped out a little bit in that department since 1kg=2.2lb. I know I'm a dork, but I feel like I weigh less over here, even though it's probably the same :) Oh and another thing that's interesting is that everyone over here loves the rowing machine! Back home there is probably like one rowing machine in a U.S. gym and over here there are about 10 and they are always full!haha And there also are these other machines that pretty much shake your body, and supposedly they are supposed to be used as a stretching machine...though not sure it really works, but everyone uses them.
And everyone also should be proud that I have started driving. I have driven around our town and home from the gym now twice. I have yet to drive into the city, but all in good time. I will be there soon enough just have keep driving, but so far I've done alright. My friend Carolina just wants me to be ready by November 20th so I can drive us to the movies for New Moon, when it arrives in theaters.
Well that's about it for now. Hopefully I will have more exciting news later, but here ya go on this one. Also would like to say Happy 18th Birthday to my brother Jordan!!! Hope you eventually read this is you aren't already. Have a fabulous birthday. Miss everyone and talk to you guys again soon.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I should have showed you how to use the rowing machine before you left! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! I just added myself. Can't wait to read about all the new experiences! Take care.

    ReplyDelete