Saturday 5 September 2009

Radio Broadcast & New Washer

So since this is my first time doing a blog, you'll have to help me along the way. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what they'd like to hear, or with what I'm doing is interesting and entertaining to read, please let me know! It will be much appreciated :)
Yesterday September 4th, was an extremely busy day for the two of us. I once again went to the rink with Jason, and spent my time again at the library. Unfortunately like I said in my last post the weather has not been pleasant at all! It was pretty cold, rainy, and windy out. Kinda felt like how it would be in Chicago on a rainy day, but not sure since I've never really been there!haha but I can only imagine. Anyways, so after spending my two free hours of internet there I headed back outside to bear the elements. And let me tell you that was an adventure! I was able to finally find a cheap umbrella, but I guess cheap is not always the way to go (but try telling that to my husband :) So I had my North Face rain jacket on, hood pulled tight and my umbrella over my head. It worked out pretty well until I got out onto the main streets and the wind just took my umbrella and turned it inside out! I felt like an idiot but I saw that happen to a some other people, and just felt like a local!haha But still didn't make matters better because I still needed to walk back to the rink, which was about 20 mintues away. As I'm walking back though I had found this great little inside market place that sold fresh fruits and vegetables for cheap. That at least was good find and lifted my spirits a little.
Later that afternoon Jason had a radio interview with another teammate on the BBC radio. It might be on the team website to listen to, but I'm not sure. It went well and Jason had some good answers, but the interviewers at the station really had no idea about anything about hockey, which didn't suprise me, but was still at the same time crazy.
But the exciting news for this post is that we got a washer! It's been two weeks in Newcastle and we finally have a washer! No dryer though...kinda expected that, so we have a clothes dryer and it works out pretty well. However, when we did our first load, which was about 30minutes after the team had hooked it up, I realized that a normal wash takes 133minutes! Guess we won't be able to do wash as often as we're used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment