Friday 4 September 2009

September 3, 2009

So today everyone received the much anticipated first email out. As you could probably imagine Jason and I were biting at the bit to get the Internet and a cell phone. Earlier this morning I found the local library and found I could access the Internet for free for a limited time. Big score for me since even though we have Internet at the house it's a pay as you go and we have to be mindful about how long we are on it. After my time at the library I met up with Jason after practice. I spoke too soon in my last email saying that the weather here has been surprisingly nice because it rained all day, was windy, and cold. I did my usual 20minute walk back to the rink, and the two of us set off with some of his teammates to get cell phones. So I have my cell phone right now and so does Jason. We can call anyone whether it be a cell phone or skype connection, however, we are having problem with people trying to call our number if they are not on a skype line. Jason has been working hard to figure that out, so for the time being I will try contacting everyone as quickly as possible, but the best way to reach either of us if you do not have skype is through email or facebook. The rest of our day was pretty much the same as the rest of them. We drove back to our flat after picking up our cell phones, Jason tried parking the car in our usual assigned spot, however, this time there was a car parked in the spot to the left of us. After nearly hitting the parked car trying to maneuver our large Rover into our spot we decieded it would just be easier to park in the visitor parking spot where no one was parked close. You might have noticed that we have a Rover, but before you get all impressed mind you that I didn't put a Land or Range in front of it. No it's just a Rover...kinda looks like an old style Camry large front and back compared to other cars on the road, so it makes it just that more tricky to drive. Picture to follow. Oh and to add to the story the woman who owned the car came out right away because one she probably almost saw us hit her, two, she smelt burning rubber, and three heard the revving of the car engine as we tried to back up away from the scene! Overall though no cars were hurt, we were ok, she figured we had never driven stick before, and turns out she's our maid that cleans the halls in our complex so we'll be seeing her every week! Good way to start out with her :)

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about driving, I'm sure it's tough, but you guys will be a pro in no time! Miss and love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cracked up over the driving story. Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime!! Truly enjoy the stories. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete